Thursday, March 30, 2006
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
How well did you sleep last night? I was thinking early this morning when I could not go back to sleep that our lives for the most part are shielded from sacrafice. I think of the missionaries, soldiers and others who freely surrender the comforts of home in order to do what their life's purpose is. I hope this inspires myself to break from the comfort zone. God Bless our Troops and keep them safe!
Monday, March 27, 2006
What Splendor in a new sun.
Remember that yesterday is gone and tomorrow in yet to arrive so write your today's chapter first. God is soooo good. Yesterday we went to Missionary Methodist Church with my mom and dad. It was cool. The pastor there is so excited. Also, TC and I finished up hauling some trash off. Only 6 more day until we move and there are tons of stuff yet to do. We are planning on still having Lifesong this Thursday.
Sunday, March 26, 2006
This morning I was just surfing John Eldredge's site http://www.ransomedheart.com/ and come across this and I thought is was awesome. You see most of us when we sin feel like, well crap or dung or whatever word you want to use. When this happens to me I can't help to feel like I have let God down in some way, yet I know He loves and forgives me at the moment of confession. For too long I have been taught that I am just a sinner and I am to feel that way. Well, guess what? What can possible do about this verse that John mentions. Consider this:
There is a widespread belief in the church, today, that the heart is desperately wicked Â– even after a person comes to Christ.
It is a crippling belief.
And it is untrue.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow all my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Â– God in Ezekiel 36:26-27
That is pretty awesome is it not. understandad that Grace takes effect and it only because of God's awesome Grace that we have this, but nonetheless, we have it. It is our gift from our Father. So my challenge and my attempt is to live with this in mind. Won't you!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
The 21 Day Prayer challenge
Â“Heavenly Father, you are in charge of everything that will happen to me today--the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, the positive and the negative. Please make me thankful for everything that happens to me today. Amen.
I offer this Addition:
Ã˜ Each day is a new Chapter. Because God gives us the choice and the authority to make our own choices, we in turn have the ability to be the co-author of our own chapter. Each new day being its own new chapter, we use yesterday for an introduction and tomorrow as a conclusion. The question is, Â“How will you write your chapter today?Â”
Ã˜ Only look into the history long enough to learn and only look into the future far enough to plan. FOCUS on Today!
Friday, March 24, 2006
Monday, March 20, 2006
Friday, March 17, 2006
- Continue the "Thursday Night Thing" and begin to promote through advertising for folks that are struggling and desire someone to struggle with them. Place an ad in the local paper and place some flyers in certain and specific areas. We feel that this event will reach specific people and it will probably be one person or one family at a time.
- Begin to Pray for that one family that is searching for a venue just like this.
- Do some prayer walks in specific areas.
- Begin to pray about organizing an event that could be hosted once every three months or once a month for the purpose of bringing the Body of Christ together for Worship, fellowship and sharing our Faith.
- Our community is blessed with much cooperation between the mainline denoms and other ministries. What I see is throughout the year many things are planned and promoted and usually the turnout involves the much more mature generation and those that are extremely committed. While that is awesome, I see that much of the body is just not coming. We are thinking about doing something specifically for the 20 and 30 somethings.
- Our idea involves using the "Little Theatre of Cherryville". Using drama, upbeat music etc.
- A good example was given last night; instead of singing Amazing Grace, we should sing Grace like Rain. See the point. If you don't know the difference, that would prove my point. Grace like rain by Todd Agnew uses some words from Amazing Grace and then turns very upbeat.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
"I close my eyes, only for the moment and the moment gone, all my dreams, vex before my eyes with curiosity." Dust in The Wind-Kansas
Each day we allow to pass without doing the Lord's Will is a day we will never get back. So much time in our lives are wasted, so resolve today for this one not to be the best. Remember this day is a chapter in your life and because God allows us free will, that makes us at least co-authors of our book of life. Write it well!
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
We are continuing to pack and prepare to move. I will post new numbers and address soon. I am a child of God and I will accept His Favor and be blessed today. I pray that I can be a blessing to someone else!
Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favored, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.
Such a lovely verse used to describe the mother of our savior. Should it not be our goal to please God. I so want my Heavenly Father to be pleased with what I do and what I say. Too many times He is not. It is of course my fault. How my heart desires to be "highly favored". In fact I believe that I am. God sent His Son to die in my place, that is what I call "Highly favored"! God is Awesome and He is Worthy!!!
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
- Live in the NOW and do what God wants today. Don't know ask Him. I realized that it is that simple, just ask the Lord. Talk to him as He was your best friend. Because He is you know!.Jesus said,
9 "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. 10 When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 12 I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. 13 And here is how to measure it-the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends. 14 You are my friends if you obey me. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a master doesn't confide in his servants. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. 16 You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 I command you to love each other.
- Everyday is a challenge and an adventure. There is no set plan. Yes, God knows exactly what will happen that day, but as Eldredge puts it, "you are not only the character in your story but the co-author as well, because God allows you to choose, so you make it what it is by your choices". (paraphased) Eldredege also adds this excerpt from the movie Indiana Jones when asked how he will complete the mission, "I don't know...I'm making this up as I go." Pretty cool, everyday is an adventure!
- That is the answer I have been looking for! Really simple! Too simple? No, because in it self it is very complicated. Life is complicated. The answer must be simple. It is to live everyday as God is your best Friend (He is you know) No outlines, no formulas, not predetermined thoughts except that God has called all of us to take up our crosses and follow him daily. Get it! Daily! God help me, help all of us do that.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
First step 1: (A) Activate
On to Step 2: (L) Learn
Learning: The process of acquiring knowledge. That is what Webster says. I want to step out further and say that unless you have the desire to process the information you receive in order that you might acquire that knowledge. Remember when in Step one we defined the senses with this definition, "he human body has five major senses which operate to gather information from the world around us" Now that information is sent to our brain to process it and to interpret it. In that process we either pass the info on down the line and forget it or we learn from it. I propose the necessity of taking that info and learning from it. Some may do this naturally, but I tell you for me I really have to nail this thing down and consider, process, think and even debate it a while. So, in the next day or so I will try to take that info coming in and learn a dew thing or twenty. Blessings, Wade
Goody, Chad will visit us this weekend. Cool!
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
1.) Activate My Senses: The human body has five major senses which operate to gather information from the world around us, sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Any stimulus to one of the sense areas is detected by sensory nerves and is sent to the brain for interpretation.
- For one to come alive, I think we must activate those senses that give us our information. If they gather information from our world in which we live, then these senses must go through what I am going to call, my God Filter. I know if something is hot it is hot, but if I am going to make decision, I want the Spirit of God leading and in charge of all my senses.
- I think we get so caught up in our problems, our situation, our everyday life that we do not allow any stimulus to our senses. That MUST CHANGE!
- Consider how we can use our senses to come ALIVE
- spectator Sunrise (or Sunset depending on your preference.) What a Sight!
- Beautiful Music or your wife and kids saying" I love you" What a Sound!
- Great food cooking or the smell of the salty air on the coast or the smell of wild flowers standing on the mountainside
- Again for taste FOOD. I love good food. But consider the taste of bitterness. It can certainly help in life at the right moment.
- And finally touch- Oh to have your spouse just rub against you. If you are looking for it, it is great. To touch someone heart. It is great
Monday, March 06, 2006
Sunday, March 05, 2006
In other news, today Christie will deliver Chad his cell phone while she picks him for church. This will help our communication greatly. Thanks God for cell phones and our calling plan. I have missed talking to my kids on a daily basis. Now I can again. THAT IS COOL!
I am looking forward to this Thursday Night Thing with much excitement. I really like the fellowship and closeness of a small group. A PRAYER REQUEST- Recently, I applied for another position within the company I work for (psnc energy) This job would pay a lot more, but also require more of me. The job is in Asheville, so that could not be a bad thing. Just pray that God will not even allow a interview if it is not His Will, Thanks, Wade
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Our Thursday Night Thing has been cancelled tonight due to scheduling conflicts, however we will continu on March 9th, 2006.
Started monthly support for Sonny and Bobby today: www.ywamconnect.com/sites/huntsinger