Tuesday, July 31, 2007
A friend once said pertaining to miracles. He said,"I receive a miracle everyday when I wake up from a night of sleep" Lord, thanks for another miracle!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
- The 12X16 storage building was delivered and set up. It looks nice backed up to the woods.
- 8 tons of sand was delivered for use in the septic system.
- The septic tank was prepared and made ready.
- Hung out with Mom and Dad most of the day.
- Went through some more stuff stored in one of the stalls in the barn.
- Came home and ate supper and chilled out until our daughter Christie came over.
- Went through the house letting Christie pick out anything she wants, with the exception of a few things that we for sure will keep.
One of the benefits of moving into such a small place is that you have to weed through everything and only keep the bare essentials. Now, I am a pack rat. I keep everything and over the past year since we sold our house, it has taken a long time to weed through all the stuff.
I have to admit that it feels really good. Not only physically have we unloaded tons of stuff we did not need, but mentally and even spiritually we have done the same. God is good, that is for sure and this new outlook on things have really given us an energy boost toward life in general.
This morning it is off to install the septic tank, dig up some stumps and do some general clearing and leveling.
Friday, July 27, 2007
- Used trucks are still expensive
- The world is crazy, cannot figure it out
- I love my wife and she is my "little darling"
- I miss my kids (being little)
- Life is hard but God is Good
- There are still good and honest people in this world
- I don't like mean people and will not tolerate them
This morning we will continue to weed through our stuff which by the way we have too much of. This afternoon our building will be delivered and we will help get that set up. Last night TC and I cleared the logs and brush from the area in which the building is going. Later we had supper at Ole Yummy's a local restaurant. I saw some old friends we had not seen in a while. Back home to watch some more "Lonesome Dove". This is my all time favorite that i have watched at least 20 times. I never tire of a good thing. Off to chores I go....
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
We rolled in to the Big D Monday morning and went and got our truck inspected. Landstar requires a 120 day inspection. DOT only requires once a year, but Landstar wants to do more in that area, but the good thing is that they pay for it. During the inspection, we got a load offer from Grand Prairie Texas, only 10 miles away) from Cheyenne Wyoming. The agent said are you interested in that load. Well DUH, you bet your life on it. It pays $1.45 a mile and we are delivering this morning. We are about 30 minutes out and we stopped here around 3:00 this morning and now we are waiting until 9:00 AM for the customer to open. 2 skids, 1000 pounds. Now the exciting part…..TC will call her sister JoAnn after we make delivery and see if she is home. She lives in Lander WY and we hope to spend a couple of days there. We will probably have to come back to Denver CO for a load, which means coming back through Cheyenne WY, which by the way is having pioneer days right now. So, it looks like a good week coming up, not much running making money but some fun. I will post some pics if everything works out. All for now.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Bye Bye camper. We sold our RV yesterday and the folks that bought it were very nice. It was a good sale.
It was good to have the kids here last night. Lots of noise and laughter. Of course I am up before anyone else, but in a little while we will go to South Mountain. We have a special place there that most folks don't go to. Happy Birthday America.....